A Child Psychologist Specializing in Child Anxiety, ADHD, Child Depression, and Aspergers
Are thoughts and worries about your child’s mood, anxiety, and behavior is keeping you up at night? Maybe you wonder whether your child is depressed. Or maybe he has ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Is anxiety at the bottom of her avoiding these social situations? As you ponder these questions, you may also wonder what to do–you’ve tried different things, but nothing seems to work well.
Child Psychology Services
As a child psychologist, I have worked with many parents and children who have experienced similar types of problems with worry, challenging behaviors, impulsivity, relationship difficulties, and mood problems. Together, you and I will address the specific needs of your child and your family. Goals may include:
- Building confidence, and helping your teen feel at ease with herself
- Build your child’s compliance, tolerance of frustration, and coping skills, so that he listens to authority and persists when completing challenging tasks
- Reduce your child’s anxiety so she no longer avoids situations because of fear
- Teach your child the necessary social skills that will help her to make friends and sustain meaningful relationships
- Relieve parent stress and anxiety, so you feel more relaxed as you parent with confidence
- Stimulate effective communication among family members to enhance relationships
- Enrich the parent-child or parent-teen relationship
Call 952.545.3300 for a complementary phone consultation
I would like to hear more about your specific situation and concerns. Together we can identify what’s happening, what’s interfering with your child’s success, and what approach may be most helpful. Once you have an opportunity to speak with us, and hear how we work with your family, you can determine whether we are a fit for your family. If the fit seems right, we will talk more about the treatment process.